There is a big difference between Asian and Caucasian double eyelids. The first one‘s creases start close to the eyelash moving parallel to the middle of the eye. On the other hand, the Caucasian eyelid creases create an upside-down ‚U‘ form. Already wondering why are we telling you all these stuff? Well, you have to know them before doing a double eyelid surgery. That way you will find out exactly what you want – a more common look that most Asians have or some rare features. To understand better, look at the two pictures below:
Tay Ping Hui
Do you see something specific about his eyes? We will give you a hint. The eyelid fold is parallel to the inner eyes. That is actually something very rare among Asian people.
In contrast, this woman‘s double eyelids touch her inner eyes. And that is the style that looks a lot more natural for Asians.
Temporary double eyelids
What does this mean? Well, you can make double eyelids by utilizing things like double eyelid tape or double eyelid glue. Of course, this is only a temporary solution, but it has its benefits. It can help you see your look with double eyelids. That way you will find out if you like it or not. In case it is the second option, you will not have anything to worry about. Your new look will last about a day or you could wash it away even earlier using only water and soap.
Here are a few steps you should follow for this process:
- Before you start the whole thing, wash your face. You need to do this on a clean surface.
- After that, dry the face carefully, especially the areas around your eyes. This step is very important, so do not avoid it. You‘d better even wait for a while to be sure that your face is completely dry.
- Apply the eyeshadow, mascara and liner following the given instructions.
- Your new look should last for the whole day. In the evening wash your face with water and soap to remove the adhesive.
Permanent double eyelids
That is a lot more serious procedure and you should be completely sure that you want to do it. It is usually performed through surgery on the lower or upper eyelids. However, it can be done on both eyelids, too.
Double eyelid surgery is not only useful for enhancing your appearance, but it can also help you with some eyelid functional problems. Such can be:
- Bags under your eyes
- Drooping lower eyelids
- Fatty deposits on the eyelids
- Sagging skin around the eyes